MEET OUR LAWYERS
AREAS OF PRACTICE
A member of the firm since he articled in 1972, Reynold maintains a diverse litigation practice representing clients at all court levels, including Court of Queen’s Bench and Court of Appeal in Saskatchewan and the Supreme Court of Canada. Since 2005, his practice includes class action litigation.
Reynold also advises educational institutions and clients in the medical and dental professions. He acts as counsel to the Pension Committee for the non-teaching employees of the Saskatoon Board of Education and is also a member of the Legislative Committee for the Saskatchewan Medical Association.
Reynold received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1967 from the University of Saskatchewan, and then spent two years teaching in Ghana, West Africa as a CUSO volunteer. He returned to the U of S and received his Bachelor of Laws degree in 1972. He was called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 1973.
Throughout his career, Reynold has been active in professional organizations as a member of the Law Society of Saskatchewan, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association (STLA).
He served as Editor of The Saskatchewan Advocate, the STLA newsletter, and as President of the Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law and Education (CAPSLE), chairing the CAPSLE national conference in 1994 and serving on the planning committee in 2005.
Committed to encouraging talent and leadership in youth, Reynold is past chair of the Saskatchewan Area Canadian Merit Scholarship Foundation. He shares his knowledge of the law as a Pension Plan Trustee for the Saskatoon Board of Education and as a member of the Saskatchewan Medical Association’s Legislative Committee.
He has been a presenter many times to CAPSLE events and Law Society of Saskatchewan Loss Prevention Seminars and has addressed the League of Education Administrators and Superintendents of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon School Board and Saskatoon Teacher Association in-service seminars on legal issues affecting education.
Committed to encouraging talent and leadership in youth, Reynold served in the past as chair of the Saskatchewan Area Canadian Merit Scholarship Foundation.
- Marriage Commissioners Reference (appointed counsel to argue against the constitutionality of possible amendments to The Marriage Act, 1995), 2011 SKCA 3, Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
- Harde, Broome et al v. Government of Prince Edward Island and Prince Edward Island Protestant Children’s Trust (Reference) 2010 SCC 11, Supreme Court of Canada.
- Holland v Saskatchewan. 2008 SCC 42 Supreme Court of Canada.
- Sauer v HMQ & Ridley Inc. (Class Action Certification) 2008 ONSC 43774 Ontario Superior Court.
- Schneider v Royal Crown Gold Reserve Inc. and McMillan LLP 2012 SKQB 111 (Class Action Certification) Saskatchewan Queen’s Bench.
- Abouabdallah v. College of Dental Surgeons of Saskatchewan, 2011 SKCA 99. College Counsel
- Holland v. Government of Saskatchewan (Agriculture), 2010 SKQB 32 (Class Action Certification) Saskatchewan Queen’s Bench.
Direct: (306) 933-1348
Main: (306) 652-7575
Fax: (306) 652-2445
Cell: (306) 230-9980
Please do not send us any confidential information in your email. Your email is not protected by lawyer/client confidentiality, nor is a lawyer/client relationship established by our receipt of this communication. Before we can discuss your matter, we must ensure that we do not have a conflict of interest.
Related News and Articles
August 21, 2018 -- Robertson Stromberg LLP is pleased to announce that 12 lawyers have been included in the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers™ has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal...read more