Congratulations to Jennifer Da Silva Pereira who is among the eighteen distinguished Saskatchewan lawyers honoured with the Queen’s Counsel Designation for 2018.
Queen’s Counsel appointments are based on recommendations from a selection committee consisting of Saskatchewan’s Minister of Justice and Attorney General, the Chief Justice of the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan or the Chief Justice of the Court of Queen’s Bench and the past presidents of the Saskatchewan branch of the Canadian Bar Association and the Law Society of Saskatchewan.
The announcement was made by Justice Minister and Attorney General Don Morgan on Tuesday, December 18. In his announcement he said, “These individuals have made significant contributions to the legal profession, the justice system and their communities. I’m pleased to recognize their hard work and dedication to our province.”
Those who know Jennifer are well aware of her talents and energy. Alongside her busy practice, Jennifer tirelessly contributes to her profession and her local, provincial and national communities. Her involvement in professional and community events are documented on her Robertson Stromberg profile.
Well done and well deserved, Jenn.
“Enhancing Justice” is the title for the Canadian Bar Association’s Mid-Winter Meetings set for January 31 and February 1, 2019 in Saskatoon. Jennifer Pereira, Chairperson for the event has announced that experts and distinguished speakers addressing the meeting will include:
- Chief Justice R. Wagner of the Supreme Court of Canada
- Chief Justice M. Popescul of the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench
- Justice M.T. Megaw and Bill Johnson QC
- Saskatchewan Minister of Justice and Attorney General Don Morgan QC
- Angela Chiason, lawyer and frequent media commentator
- Chief Commissioner of the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission, Judge David Arnot
- Howard Sapers, Independent Advisor on Corrections Reform
In October 2018, federal legislation comes into force which authorizes Canadian provinces and territories to establish mechanisms for the sale of recreational marijuana.
Anticipating the effect this may have on its members, the Law Society of Saskatchewan is offering the seminar After the Ashes – The Legalization of Recreational Marijuana to address some of the issues faced by various practice areas.
This televised seminar takes place Friday, September 28, 2018 and included in the agenda is Jennifer Pereira‘s presentation on “Marijuana and Insurance Issues”.
Jennifer Pereira shared her family vacation experience in the summer 2018 edition of BarNotes.
You can read the article here: JDP CBA Article – Summer 2018
August 21, 2018 — Robertson Stromberg LLP is pleased to announce that 12 lawyers have been included in the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada. Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers™ has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence.
Best Lawyers has published their list for over three decades, earning the respect of the profession, the media, and the public as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals. Its first international list was published in 2006 and since then has grown to provide lists in over 75 countries.
“Best Lawyers was founded in 1981 with the purpose of highlighting the extraordinary accomplishments of those in the legal profession. After three decades, we are proud to continue to serve as the most reliable, unbiased source of legal referrals worldwide,” says CEO Phillip Greer.
Lawyers on The Best Lawyers in Canada list are divided by geographic region and practice areas. They are reviewed by their peers on the basis of professional expertise and undergo an authentication process to make sure they are in current practice and in good standing.
Robertson Stromberg LLP would like to congratulate the following lawyers named to 2019 The Best Lawyers in Canada list:
- Misty S. Alexandre- Construction Law
- M. Kim Anderson- Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law, Banking and Finance Law
- Christopher J. H. Donald- Corporate Law
- Melvin A. Gerspacher- Tax Law
- Allan M. Haubrich- Trusts and Estates
- Tiffany M. Paulsen- Family Law
- Jennifer D. Pereira- Insurance Law
- Leslie W. Prosser- Natural Resources Law, Corporate Law, Mining Law
- Reynold A. Robertson- Education Law
- Scott D. Waters- Banking and Finance Law, Corporate Governance Practice
- Gary D. Young- Insurance Law, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Kenneth K. E. Ziegler- Immigration Law